The face is the first part of your body that most people notice, which is why you need to pay more attention to it.
While most of us try to conceal the flaws on our faces, using different methods (e.g., makeup), skincare alone won’t solve this issue.
You see, having a sharp jawline with high cheekbones has become a standard sign of attractiveness today. Although people believe that having a carefully sculptured face is due to genetics, it is not entirely true. Exercise is more important than your genes in determining the structure of your face.
So, if you want to get an attractive, sharp jawline, you need some blowing air exercises.
In this article, we will discuss the most effective blowing air exercises to help you improve the appearance and sharpness of your face.
The best blowing air exercises
This section will focus on blowing air exercises that target different chief complaints. For instance, if you got sick of your double chin, there are some exercises that help reduce its appearance.
The primary factors that cause double chin include age-related skin sagginess, loss of collagen, and excessive body fat.
Like any area of the body, you can work out your jaw to strengthen the tonus and increase the size of the surrounding muscles.
Blowing air exercise
The best thing about blowing air exercise is that it recruits the entire muscle group of your face and neck, which leads to quicker results in terms of facial tone and the double chin.
Here’s how to do the blowing air exercise:
- Sit on a chair while maintaining spinal alignment
- Tilt your head backward as much as you can
- As you face the ceiling, pucker your lips and blow air out of your mouth
- Do this exercise for 10 seconds, then relax
- Repeat for 15–20 times
Chin lift exercise
The chin lift exercise mainly focuses on getting rid of the double chin.
Note that targeted lipolysis (i.e., fat burning) is no possible. Therefore, if you want to lose excess fat on a specific part of your body, you must reduce your overall fat percentage.
However, targeting the muscles of any area of the body is completely feasible. In other words, you can exercises the muscles of your lower face and jaw to reduce the appearance of the double chin.
You can do this exercise in a standing or sitting position. Here’s how it goes:
- Stary by tilting your head towards the ceiling
- Keep your eyes fixed on the ceiling
- Tighten your lips and attempt to kiss the ceiling
- Hold this position for 5–10 seconds, then relax
- Repeat this exercise for 10–15 times
Rolling the Neck
Similar to chin lifts, rolling the neck is extremely effective at getting rid of the double chin. This exercise also helps with toning the chin and the jawline. Finally, some experts recommend practicing this exercise to reduce stress and promote sleepiness.
By far, the most important benefit of rolling the neck is to reduce the sagginess of the skin, which makes it look more attractive and decrease age-related skin deterioration.
Here’s how to do this exercise:
- Start in a standing or sitting position
- Gradually lean your head to one side in an aligned plane with your chin
- Slowly turn your head in a circular motion (complete the rotation)
- Make sure you’re maintaining spinal alignment at all times
- Repeat this exercise in both directions (clockwise, counterclockwise) for 4–5 minutes
While not technically a blowing air exercise, the lip pull is extremely effective at improving facial contours. This exercise is usually part of yoga practice since it reduces stress and promotes youthful-looking features.
Here’s how to do a lip pull:
- Start in a standing or sitting position
- Lift your lower lip by pushing the lower jaw out
- As the tension and stretch build up in your chin muscles, maintain the position for 10–15 seconds
- Do this exercise for at least 10 time
The mouthwash move is a simple face exercise that stretches the cheek muscles to reduce sagginess and flabbiness.
Here’s how to do this chin lift exercise:
- Start in a sitting position while maintaining spinal alignment
- Fill one of the cheeks with air, then transfer it from one side to the other (similar to mouthwash)
- Do this exercise for one minute, then relax
- Repeat it for 10 times per exercises
The X-O pose
The X-O position originated from the facial movements we make when we talk and express our emotions (e.g., laughing, smiling, crying).
This exercise is an excellent way to get rid of chubby cheeks and lift your chin. As you maneuver your face, try to pronounce the alphabets X and O repeatedly to engage the muscles of your jaw, cheeks, and neck.
Fortunately, you can do this exercise anywhere and at any time. Whether you’re in the car stuck in traffic or sitting in bed before sleep, you can easily do a few minutes of this exercise. Over time, it will make a huge difference in the way your face looks.
After a few minutes of doing the X-O pose, you’ll feel a burning sensation all over the upper muscles since this exercise targets and exhausts the vast majority of the face and neck muscles.
For better results, try mixing up this exercise with the other blowing air exercise listed above.
Hopefully, this article managed to convince you of the importance of blowing air exercises in promoting more attractive facial contours.