Are you an athlete trying to protect your ankles, or a patient recovering from an ankle surgery? You need to get the best ankle brace. Only the best ankle braces available on the market can help stabilize injured or weaker ankles. This article will, therefore, provide some of the top ranked ankle braces. It will further guide you on how to pick the right ankle brace, be it for basketball, volleyball or for preventing sprains.
5 Best Ankle Braces Ideal for You
Ankle braces are available in different shapes and sizes. Depending on your needs, you can get quality ankle braces. To help you choose the best, we have compiled 5 ankle braces. Take your time and identify the one that suits you best.
Med Spec ASO Ankle Stabilizer
This is one of the best lace-up ankle braces out there. ASO ankle stabilizer has an additional eight-figure stabilizing straps feature. With this straps, it can provide efficient support and protection for your ankle. Aside from the fact that it is popular among athletes and sportsperson, ASO is also recommended by the physical therapist, orthopedic surgeons, and athletic trainers.
Even though it is a versatile ankle brace, it is considered one of the best ankle braces for basketball. This brace is perfectly designed to fit your basketball shoes with ease. The nylon and cotton material are there to provide durability and strength. Therefore, you can be assured of a long-lasting ankle brace.
Med spec has an invisible seam for sufficient comfort. To top it, the cool flex material also provides additional comfort to the ankle’s Achilles areas. You can use a machine to wash it but don’t use bleach. Choose Med Spec ASO for best ankle brace for basketball or any other activity, it will serve you right.
Active Ankle T2 Ankle Brace
Talk of simple yet classic design! That’s why it is more popular among the volleyball players. The active ankle braces have been on the market for more than 25 years. You can, therefore, rest assured that this ankle brace will give you the sufficient support you seek.
The light-weight padding in the ankle brace holds every contour of your ankle. The padding will protect you as jump or make some sudden movements while playing. Active T2 makes your performance even better with the sleek and less bulky feature. Looking for the best ankle brace for volleyball? This ankle brace is great for you.
Powerlix Ankle Brace Compression Sleeve
Powerlix ankle brace can be the best ankle brace for sprain. To get you on your feet sooner than you know, it induces pressure across the ankle joint. This compression support sleeve not only prevents sprains but also treats tendonitis, fasciitis, and swelling.
Powerlix ankle brace is designed to provide great comfort, support and relieve without interfering with your mobility. The issue of sweats and odor is taken care of by its quick absorbing feature. It is also smooth and soft. Before buying, measure your foot by ankle circumference to know your size.
Zamst A2-DX Ankle Brace
If you are looking for an odor-resistant and moisture- absorbing ankle brace, this ankle brace is your ideal choice. Zamst provides support from moderate to an acute ankle sprain. The garment is designed to prevent ankle rolling with the in-built Exo-grid technology. It can, therefore, be your best ankle brace to prevent rolling.
The pre-curved design permits full range motion and the x-trap design holds your foot firmly to prevent sliding. Even though it has a rigid support attribute, it still provides good comfort. On the flip side, it’s rather bulky than a normal lace-up brace. If a bulky ankle brace doesn’t work well for you, go for the other choices.
Liomor Support Brace
The Liomor support brace is quite simple compared to the other four. It is made of an elastic material with the ability to extensively stretch. The simplicity makes it ideal for basketball. However, it can still work best for other sports activities.
You can wear this ankle brace on either your left or right foot. The crisscross pattern with a Velcro fit is good for lateral support. Liomor support brace treats medical issues like arthritis, tendonitis, and sprains. The stretchy ankle brace is definitely breathable. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about comfort.
Do You Know the Types of Ankle Braces?
Ankle braces come in different varieties including hinged, compression, lace-up and rigid. Knowing the different types of ankle braces will reduce your hassle. It’s also good to buy the right type of ankle brace on the market.
- These types of ankle braces are semi-rigid with padded sides to provide comfort. They have Velcro for efficient adjustment. With hinged ankle braces, your ankle can move freely up and down and not sideways. They also fit either ankle.
- They are made of elastic lightweight fabric and often sold by shoe size. Compression braces can treat moderate ankle sprain and tendonitis. They are also good for reducing swelling, providing joint support and balance.
- Lace-up. Compared to compression ankle braces, they provide more ankle support. They also semi-rigid. You can wear them with shoes and on either ankle. Best for treating a moderate ankle sprain.
- These types of ankle braces are made of hard plastic. The plastic is placed on the sides of the ankle. Unfortunately, you can’t wear them with shoes.
What to Consider While Choosing Best Ankle Brace
They are several things you need to consider before getting the right ankle brace. Knowing what is best for you is really important. To ensure your ankle braces meet your expectation, think about the following.
- Good fit. Measure your ankle circumference to get the right fit. A perfect fit provides superior support and comfort.
- Adequate comfort. Don’t go for an ankle brace that doesn’t guarantee sufficient comfort. You should check the size and breathable braces to ensure comfort.
- The type of material. Ankle braces made of fabric are the best compared to those made of neoprene. The fabric is more breathable hence keeps the foot free from sweat. Despite the great fit and support, neoprene is not breathable.
- The regular usage of the ankle brace. It is not bad to wear the ankle braces all day long. However, it is good to use them only when needed especially if you are a sports person. This will ensure a long-lasting usage.
Take your time and choose only the best ankle braces. Your feet deserve great support and adequate comfort. Check Amazon best seller for even more variety. Do you have a favorite Ankle Brace? Tell us about your favorite ones in the comments below.