10 Fitness Safety Tips
We all want to be fit and healthy.
A popular saying is “safety first.” But is that the best advice? You could stay inside all day with the door locked! But what about the things you want to accomplish in your life?
What we need to do is balance safety and do things that are important for us in life.
Here are 10 fitness safety tips that can help you start a fitness program the right way.
1. If you’re not sure how to do an exercise, don’t do it. Have someone show you how to go about it.
2. If it hurts, stop. Especially, don’t ignore sharp pains. Your body is trying to tell you something.
3. With any new program, start slowly. For example, use lighter weights than you would normally. There will be plenty of time push yourself harder.
4. Take the time you need to recover between exercises and sets.
5. When using heavy weights, be sure to have a spotter. When training at home, never train to failure.
6. If you’re not ready for an advanced exercise, then use an easier alternative.
7. HIIT – high intensity interval training – should be done only 2 – 4 times per week. If you’re a beginner, two times is enough. Even if you’re advanced, never more than four times.
8. Always warm up. Always cool down.
9. If you think you might be injured, go see your doctor.
10. If you are about to start an exercise program, go see your doctor. Get your doctor’s approval before starting any fitness program.
To summarize, Better Safe Than Sorry.